Saturday, March 11, 2006

Coffee at Stella's

Bright and balmy morning here in Ithaca. A sunbeam nudged me awake around 7AM, and I have been out and about ever since. I had planned to do several loads of laundry, but who really wants to surround themselves with dirty haberdashery on a day like today? Actually, who the hell wants to do it on ANY day?















After I finish this cup of java (and this entry) I plan to do some good old-fashioned science in the greenhouse. I have a dissertation that is in need of writing, and before I can write the whole thing, I need to conduct a bunch of experiments as I try to unravel just why a certain inland tree species is growing on the coast of Korea and Japan. The narrow strip of trees shown here has been growing for centuries near a small fishing village on the island of Wando, off the SW coast of the Korean Peninsula. They survive despite the stresses and pressures caused by the salt spray.

But, more on that another time. I am going to get a coffee to go and head to the greenhouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home