Woof, woof... A study in bark
Following the previous Betula posting, where I waxed and waned on the genus' bark characters , I thought perhaps I would assemble a small periderm collage.
Giant sticks of cinnamon...

Following the previous Betula posting, where I waxed and waned on the genus' bark characters , I thought perhaps I would assemble a small periderm collage.
Giant sticks of cinnamon...

Acer griseum
Multi-hued camouflage...

Stewartia sinensis
Flakey, shaggy plates...

Corylus colurna
Approaching alabaster...

Platanus X acerifolia
Ebony with throw-rugs ...

Arctostyphylos patula
Horned club...

Zanthoxylem simulans
Multi-hued camouflage...

Stewartia sinensis
Flakey, shaggy plates...

Corylus colurna
Approaching alabaster...

Platanus X acerifolia
Ebony with throw-rugs ...

Arctostyphylos patula
Horned club...

Zanthoxylem simulans

4 Comments:
How about planting a barkery? I saw a garden in Devon that mixed Acer, Arbutus, Betula, Eucalyptus, and Stewartia together.
met with some native american artists this week whose art involves harvesting birch bark.
E. H.: Ah yes, a barkery would be a lot of fun. The Morris Arboretum has a nice area they call the Barkery. Someday, when I have a place of my own, I'll plant a few trees and shrubs with fascinating bark.
D. L.: It would be interesting to talk to them and see just how much bark they remove, and if they have a certain management plan for bark!
Beautiful trees~ I will share this site with many that I know will enjoy it, and thanks for the link! I'm flattered. Stephanie
Post a Comment
<< Home