STELLA!!!!

The star magnolia, Magnolia stellata, is another stunner this time of year. If there was to be a "tree species named desire", I might just lobby this one for the title. An early bloomer, she is an explosion of white petals, ushering in spring with a bang. I don't know for sure, but I think the plant I photographed above is the selection 'Centennial' -- at least it looks like it.
Interesting, how (for me at least) certain plants conjure up certain feelings. Some suggest stability, others bring about an odd nostalgia, and some even elicit nasty, harsh feelings. Yesterday when I plunged my face into this fluttering mass of flowers, I felt a carefree sense of desire. Perhaps it was just spring!

The star magnolia, Magnolia stellata, is another stunner this time of year. If there was to be a "tree species named desire", I might just lobby this one for the title. An early bloomer, she is an explosion of white petals, ushering in spring with a bang. I don't know for sure, but I think the plant I photographed above is the selection 'Centennial' -- at least it looks like it.
Interesting, how (for me at least) certain plants conjure up certain feelings. Some suggest stability, others bring about an odd nostalgia, and some even elicit nasty, harsh feelings. Yesterday when I plunged my face into this fluttering mass of flowers, I felt a carefree sense of desire. Perhaps it was just spring!

1 Comments:
carefree sense of desire...
when did you say you'll be in boston for a visit?? :)
Post a Comment
<< Home