Wall O' Moss...

In a recent seminar I attended, the speaker, an environmental artist and landscape designer, showed a series of works that merged art and plant material to create living sculpture. Included was a building covered in sod, with walls of emerald green. So, imagine my surprise when I happened upon this natural wall of moss while I was out botanizing in 6 Mile Creek yesterday. It was dripping in wet green, spongy and cool to the touch. Cool stuff, nature's wonders.

In a recent seminar I attended, the speaker, an environmental artist and landscape designer, showed a series of works that merged art and plant material to create living sculpture. Included was a building covered in sod, with walls of emerald green. So, imagine my surprise when I happened upon this natural wall of moss while I was out botanizing in 6 Mile Creek yesterday. It was dripping in wet green, spongy and cool to the touch. Cool stuff, nature's wonders.

1 Comments:
treeboy-
can you email me the name of the artist? i want to pass it along to the director of public art where i work...
joe and i were thinking of you this past weekend. we took a hike in the blue hills and there were so many things we would have asked you about the different trees and shrubs. so we would have bombarded you with questions and kisses :) plus the section we were in was absolutely gorgeous.
Post a Comment
<< Home