Hints of autumn...
Mid-September, the nights are getting cooler, the mornings are crisp when I awake, and dusk seems to be arriving just a bit too soon. That means just one thing, that autumn is around the corner. I've been spending far too much time dissertating (a new word I coined, meaning the act of writing one's dissertation) to really notice the changes in the plants. A few things I have noticed...
Mid-September, the nights are getting cooler, the mornings are crisp when I awake, and dusk seems to be arriving just a bit too soon. That means just one thing, that autumn is around the corner. I've been spending far too much time dissertating (a new word I coined, meaning the act of writing one's dissertation) to really notice the changes in the plants. A few things I have noticed...
Hydrangea arborescens 'Annabelle', backlit yellowish leaves and drying flower heads
Lindera benzoin (spicebush) fruits and leaves shifting color
Malus 'Honeycrisp', plump, sugary, and ready to be picked
Acer triflorum (three-flowered maple) with its characteristic fruits (samaras) in groups of 3
What will next week bring?





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home